PUBLIC COMPANY; YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1883
REVENUE: $14.8 billion (2016: $14.24 billion)
Aerospace, Architectural coatings - Americas and Asia Pacific, Architectural coatings - Europe, Middle East and Africa, Automotive OEM coatings, Automotive Refinish, Industrial coatings, Packaging coatings, Protective and Marine coatings, Specialty coatings and materials
Michael H. McGarry, chairman and CEO; Glenn E. Bost II, SVP and general counsel; Vincent J. Morales, SVP and CFO; Radhika Batra, VP, Global Supply Management; David S. Bem, VP, Science and Technology and CTO; Gregory B. Benckart, VP, Automotive Refinish, Americas; Karl H. Bergström, VP, PPG Architectural Coatings, Latin America and president, PPG Comex; Kevin D. Braun, VP, Industrial Coatings, Americas; Donna J. Broome, VP, Architectural Coatings, Trade, U.S. and Canada; Mark Cancilla, VP, Environment, Health and Safety; Christopher R. Caruso, VP, Information Technology; David J. Cole, VP, Architectural Coatings, U.S. and Canada; Gary R. Danowski, VP, Automotive Coatings; Jeffrey C. Davies, VP, Corporate Development; Anne M. Foulkes, VP, associate general counsel and secretary; Barry N. Gillespie, VP, Aerospace Products; Jean-Marie Greindl, SVP, Architectural Coatings and President, PPG EMEA; Michael Horton, president, PPG Asia/Pacific, and VP, Protective and Marine Coatings, Asia/Pacific; Bryan N. Iams, VP, Corporate and Government Affairs; Anup Jain, VP, Specialty Coatings and Materials; John A. Jankowski, VP and treasurer; Roald Johannsen, VP, Automotive Coatings, Europe, Middle East and Africa; Diane M. Kappas, VP, Protective and Marine Coatings, Americas; Mark C. Kelly, VP and Controller; Timothy M. Knavish, SVP, Industrial Coatings; Johann (John) F. Kolling, VP, Tax Administration; Rajesh Lall, VP Operations, Industrial Coatings and PPG Asia/Pacific; Adriana Macouzet, VP, PPG Latin America and GM, Protective and Marine Coatings, Latin America; Matthew C. Marek, VP, Automotive Coatings, Americas; Jeffrey J. Oravitz, VP, PPG Coatings Services and President, MetoKote; John R. Outcalt, VP, Automotive Refinish; Vincent Robin, VP, Automotive Coatings, Asia/Pacific; Hervé Tiberghien, VP, Human Resources; Ram Vadlamannati, SVP, Protective and Marine Coatings; Jane N. Valenta, VP, Global Technical Architectural Coatings; Timothy Welsh, VP, Australia and New Zealand and GM, Architectural Coatings, Australia and New Zealand; Kenneth J. West, VP, Packaging Coatings; Max Wetzel, VP, Global Strategic Marketing, Architectural Coatings; Pauline Yuen, VP, Refinish Coatings, Asia/Pacific; Jérôme Zamblera, VP, Automotive Refinish,Europe, Middle East and Africa.
PPG is recognized and respected around the world as a leading paint, coatings and specialty materials manufacturer, providing technologically advanced solutions. PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces.
PPG reported net sales of $14.8 billion in 2017. The company’s 2017 full-year reported net income from continuing operations was $1.4 billion. The company spent $480 million on average R&D investment annually over the last four years.
PPG employs approximately 47,000 people worldwide. In 2017, Industrial Coatings comprised 41 percent of net sales, with Performance Coatings comprising 59 percent of net sales.
PPG’s Performance Coatings and Industrial Coatings reportable segments supply coatings and specialty materials for customers in a wide array of end-use markets, including industrial equipment and components, packaging material; aircraft and marine equipment; automotive original equipment; as well as for other industrial and consumer products. In addition to supplying coatings to the automotive OEM market, PPG supplies refinishes to the automotive aftermarket. PPG also serves commercial and residential new build and maintenance markets by supplying coatings to painting and maintenance contractors and directly to consumers for decoration and maintenance. PPG operates in more than 70 countries worldwide.
PPG launched the following products in 2017:
• OLYMPIC SmartGuard stain in a pouch;
• PPG SPECTRACRON 128 industrial shop primer;
• PPG TIMELESS Paint;
• Revolutionary secondary fuel vapor barrier for transport
• PPG next-generation PSX 805, PSX 800 coatings for steel,
• PPG SPECTRACRON ADVANTEDGE HPP primer;
• Sigma Air Pure: improves indoor air quality;
• PPG AEROCRON electrocoat primer: first commercial
e-coat technology available to aircraft manufacturers.
• Jan. 2017: Completed acquisition of DEUTEK S.A., a leading Romanian paint and architectural coatings manufacturer. Acquired certain assets of automotive refinish coatings company Futian Xinshi;
• April 2017: Purchased the remaining 50 percent ownership interest in Asian joint venture comprising IVC (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd and IVC-OPS (Singapore) Pte. Ltd. from joint venture partner, Omni-Plus System Pte. Ltd.;
• Sept. 2017: Completed the sale of its remaining fiberglass operations to Nippon Electric Glass. With the sale of the final piece of its Glass reportable business segment, PPG is now nearly 100 percent focused on paints, coatings and specialty materials;
• Oct. 2017: Acquired The Crown Group, a U.S.-based coatings application services business;
• Jan. 2018: Acquired architectural paint and coatings wholesaler ProCoatings.