The selected award recipient will deliver a technical presentation on a phase of chemistry, engineering, human relationship, or other discipline fundamental to paint, coatings, varnish, lacquer, or related protective and decorative coatings. The presentation will consist of a lecture of 50 to 55 minutes, followed by a question and answer session. A completed paper must also be submitted for the conference proceedings and possible inclusion in ACA publications.
Nominations must include the following:
- An official nomination letter highlighting the outstanding achievements of the nominee;
- Complete biography of the nominee including name, age, and place of birth;
- Current position and brief job history;
- Education and degrees, with dates;
- A minimum of two letters of support from individuals within the industry;
- Reference to significant publications and awards.
- Publications and communications such as journal articles, patents, books (authored, edited, or organized), lectures and presentations, symposia or meetings organized. (Reprints may be submitted with the nomination but should be restricted to those that reflect seminal contributions; teaching credentials or skills, per se, are not to be considered in this award);
- Inventions and discoveries;
- New scientific principles, understanding or insight;
- Novel uses or applications of products;
- New or improved processes for production of resins or coatings, etc.;
- Engineering aspects.
Mattiello Memorial Lecture Committee
c/o Steve Sides
American Coatings Association
901 New York Avenue NW, Suite 300 West
Washington, DC 20001