To qualify, a candidate must:
- Be enrolled in chemistry, polymer science, chemical engineering, mechanical engineering, corrosion engineering, manufacturing technologies or similar technical disciplines. The area of study must be in a technology area useful for a career in the powder coating industry;
- be enrolled in an accredited two- or four-year technical school, four-year university, or graduate program that offers degrees that can service the powder coating industry;
- be a citizen or permanent resident of the United States, Canada or Mexico;
- maintain a grade point average of 2.5 or above;
- complete a PCI Scholarship application and attach the following required documents – completed application, transcript and letter of recommendation from a faculty member or advisor – with the application by the deadline.
Candidates must complete the online application and supporting documents by April 1, 2018. Interested applicants should go to www.powdercoating.org/scholarship to submit the required information.
Scholarship winners will be notified in May and will be asked to provide one brief follow-up summary of educational experiences during the course of the 2018-19
The PCI Scholarship Subcommittee reviews the applications and awards scholarships based on the following set of criteria, established and approved by the PCI Board of Directors:
- Specific studies and projects related to powder coatings:
- Future goals & career objectives
- Unique qualifications/goals/aspirations
- Letter of recommendation
- Grade Point Average
Gema USA and Nordson Corporation employees will be a part of the selection process for each of their respective scholarships. Scholarships will be awarded in advance of PCI’s Annual Meeting in June.
“PCI is dedicated to supporting future generations that will become the industry’s workforce,” PCI Executive Director Trena Benson said. “The PCI Board of Directors and our membership is committed to improving the quality and continued growth of the powder coating industry through our Scholarship program.”
To see previous scholarship award winners and learn more about the program, visit our website: http://www.powdercoating.org/?page=Scholarship