The top three finalists in each category are:
- SEMA Car of the Year: Chevrolet Camaro, Dodge Challenger, Ford Mustang;
- SEMA Truck of the Year: Chevrolet Silverado, Ford F-150, RAM;
- SEMA 4x4/SUV of the Year: Chevrolet Tahoe, Jeep Wrangler, Toyota 4Runner;
- SEMA Sports Compact of the Year: Ford Focus, Toyota Corolla Hatch, Hyundai Veloster;
- SEMA Powersports Vehicle of the Year: Polaris RZR Turbo S, ROXOR by Mahindra, ROXOR Off-Roader, SHERP
The program creates awareness for aftermarket products and is an example of the ongoing collaboration SEMA has with automakers and aftermarket manufacturers to bring quality products to market. SEMA also helps aftermarket manufacturers with product development through the SEMA Garage, measuring sessions and technology transfer.