The latest F93X4 lusterless colors are all high-performance, polyurethane topcoats designed for exterior use on military, general aviation and commercial aircraft, meeting extreme weather-resistance performance requirements.
F93X4 lusterless colors belong to a complete system with recommended Sherwin-Williams primers and primer-surfacers. The coatings are free of lead and chromate hazards and have less than 3.5 pounds/gallon of VOC.
“Sherwin-Williams is known for its high quality, proven aerospace topcoats, as well as our commitment to supporting the defense industry with coatings that meet military specifications,” said Julie Voisin, Sherwin-Williams Aerospace global product manager.
“We are excited that the highly durable new lusterless coatings complete our offering and carry the full qualification for military aircraft needs.”
The new lusterless F93X4 colors improve shop processing flow because of fast dry times, offer a simple 2:1 mixing ratio, contain less than 3.5 lbs/gal (420 g/l) of VOC, and provide good anti-sag characteristics. In addition, the potential color availability for the product is virtually limitless.
Sherwin-Williams military MIL-PRF-85285E aerospace coating, lusterless F93X4 color advantages:
- Meets extreme weather-resistance performance requirements;
- Fast dry times (improves shop processing flow);
- Chemical resistant, including Skydrol and other hydraulic fluids;
- Excellent flow and leveling;
- Contains less than 3.5 lbs/gal. (420 g/L) of VOC;
- Very low HAPS content - <2% by weight;
- Free of lead and chromate hazards;
- Thousands of colors available