The 2019 report focuses on sustainable operational excellence, product and process innovation, customer engagement, sustainable supply chain enhancement, and community outreach efforts.
It is aligned with international standards set by the GRI and CDP and highlights efforts initiated by Birla Carbon in collaboration with leading sustainability, environment and risk agencies to achieve its objectives in alignment with the 17 United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (UN SDGs).
The online report is available online.
“The relevance and value of sustainability for our organizations and our industry have been accentuated in the context of today’s volatile global economic environment," CEO Dr. Santrupt B. Misra said. "As a global leader, we continue to leverage our ‘Sustainable Operational Excellence’ as a key differentiator. We hope to remain a preferred sustainable partner to our customers, suppliers and other stakeholders by virtue of our purpose-driven culture, strong commitments to our values, ability to collaborate and continuous investment in innovation.”
"At Birla Carbon, sustainability is a continuous initiative across all levels of the organization. For our employees, it is about maintaining the highest safety and environmental standards," added Joe Gaynor, chief legal, sustainability and risk officer. "For customers, it is about being a best in class innovative partner. For our suppliers, it is about ensuring a reliable and ethical supply chain.”
- 100 percent of suppliers screened for compliance through NAVEX Global’s RiskRate system;
- 3.5 percent profit reinvested in R&D;
- 75 percent of company facilities are energy positive with 11 plants making energy-related investments in FY 2019;
- 55 Net Promoter Score demonstrating customers’ high satisfaction;
- 70 percent of company sites completed the year without a recordable injury;
- 100 percent of facilities participate in community engagement