Mercury Paint Corporation
Mercury Paint Corporation is a New York based manufacturer of solvents, waterborne & industrial coating industries.
OEM/ Industrial Coatings
Paint and Coatings Chemist – Brooklyn, NY
Experienced Chemist – Paints and Coatings
- QC products oversight
- Development of new products
- Provide technical support for product transfer, raw material approval and method development for training other team members
- Testing and Data Analysis to support Quality and Production teams
- Assisting plant and field people with troubleshooting
- Supplier interaction for raw material qualification
- Support investigation of product non-conformance and customer concerns for resolution and prevention of re-occurrence
- Recognize and solve problems affecting production.
- Cost reduction analysis and implementation
- Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Extensive experience in the paint and coatings industry – Solvent based, waterborne architectural & industrial coatings
- 12 plus years related experience
- Proven ability to successfully achieve and exceed goals.
- Must have high energy, be a teacher and adapt to a changing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Polymer Chemistry, Coatings, or similar field experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Computer skills mandatory: Word, Excel, Power Point, Outlook
- 5 years’ experience in the Paint formulation and Coating formulation, and architectural, industrial solvent technology.
- 5 years related manufacturing experience
- Very Competitive Salary, Full benefit package (including 401k and a pension plan).
- Excellent potential for growth