PUBLIC COMPANY; YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1923
REVENUE: $1.08 billion (2017 $1.02 billion)
Decorative coatings; Automotive coatings; Industrial coatings; Powder coatings
Abhijit Roy, managing director and CEO; Srijit Dasgupta, director – finance and CFO; Aniruddha Sen, senior VP and company secretary; Tapan Dhar, VP, technical director.
Berger Paints India Limited was founded in 1923 and is a leader in the Indian paint market. The company manufactures and markets a range of decorative and industrial paint products and has operations throughout India with seven manufacturing facilities, more than 135 depots, approximately 3,000 employees and more than 15,000 dealers. Architectural/decorative coatings comprise 81.7 percent of sales, general industrial and automotive comprise 10.8 percent, protective coatings comprises six percent and powder is 1.5 percent of sales. Berger’s paint division related to automotive coatings and related ancillaries was transferred to BNB Coatings India Private Limited (now renamed Berger Nippon Paint Automotive Coatings Private Limited), an existing joint venture between Bergen Paints and Nippon Paints Automotive Coatings,
Product Launches in 2018
• Weathercoat Long Life, a new line of highly durable exterior coatings that can last up to ten years in the harsh India climate.
• Weathercoat Anti Dust, a new dust repellant for exteriors. It has been developed for dry, dusty regions of India where rainfall is sparse.
• Express Painting – The latest innovation from Berger Paints cuts down on the hassles of home painting, promising a faster, cleaner and better way to paint homes using automated tools to complete the painting process in 40 percent less time.
• Easy Clean, a high quality paint with stain resistance
• Easy Clean Fresh, a new entrant for interior paint. This product has been created using odor eliminating technology and pleasant fragrance to add freshness to the home, while keeping the wall stain free.