As of late-March most non-essential businesses are shuttered or operating on reduced hours and office staff is working remotely.
Paint and coatings companies and their suppliers are working diligently to counter the negative effects of the COVID-19 outbreak.
Coatings World has developed a dedicated COVID-19 microsite that is being updated daily with the latest coatings news related to the pandemic.
In addition to businesses being closed, the busy tradeshow season has come to a halt. COVID-19 has caused the cancellation or postponement of trade shows and conferences across the globe.
Here is the most current list of industry events that have been rescheduled or postponed:
• American Coatings Show & Conference (March 31-April 2) – POSTPONED, new dates TBD
• ASTM International Standards Development meeting, Boston (March 29- April 3) CANCELED
• Middle East Coatings Show (March 25-27) – Rescheduled: Sept. 7-9
• NACE Corrosion 2020 (March 15-19) – Rescheduled: June 14-18
• PaintIndia 2020 (March 12-14) – POSTPONED, new dates TBD
• ASTM International Standards Development meeting, Prague (April 27-30) – CANCELED
• PaintExpo 2020 (April 21-24) – Rescheduled: Oct. 12-15
• Coatings for Africa 2020 (May 6-8) – POSTPONED, new dates TBD
The Coatings World team is safe, working remotely and we will keep our readers updated on industry happenings and conference postponements. Please go to our COVID-19 microsite for up-to-the-minute information and links on ways to help during this challenging time.