- Rudy Laris, Jr.’s 1955 Chevrolet Belair built by Goldman Customs and painted with Axalta’s ChromaPreimer Pro paint and Hut HuesTM custom finishes
- Bill Weber’s all-numbers-matching 1961 Chevrolet Corvette painted with Axalta’s Cromax brand paint
- Mike Rutter’s 1951 Ford Club Coupe painted with Axalta’s ChromaPreimer Pro and Cromax brand paints
- Jeff Kinsey’s 1942 Ford Super Deluxe Convertible painted with Axalta’s ChromaPreimer Pro brand paint
- Sunny and Debbie Freeman’s 1967 Corvette – Winner of the Goodguys 2015 Street Machine of the Year award and also built by Goldman Customs
Axalta will also promote its 2015 Paint Outside the Can contest. The contest is an invitation to unleash creativity using any Axalta-branded coating system to paint and decorate an unused, standard one-gallon paint can. Auto body paint repair requires many skills – problem solving, troubleshooting, critical thinking and time management, to name a few. Axalta organized the contest to give its body shop customers an opportunity to use these skills in a fun, creative way and support their inner artists.
Submissions will be recognized and displayed via certain social media channels throughout the contest. At the end of the contest, which closes September 15, 2015, six “Celebrity Picks” will be selected by industry celebrities who will vote for their favorites based on creativity, execution and degree of difficulty. In addition, six “Fan Favorites” will be chosen by fans based on the number of photo “likes” that these favorites received on Axalta’s Instagram page. Finally, one “Best-in-Show” grand prize winner will be selected from the six “Celebrity Picks.” To learn more, visit the contest website.
To help make it easy to find us at these events, visit Axalta’s event website that includes information about the shows and Axalta’s participation. These shows enable various types of car enthusiasts to interact with us and gather firsthand information about paint use and garner application ideas.