- Richard Broyles’ 1941 Ford Truck “Mirage” painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, Sunset Mirage basecoat and clearcoat.
- Retired U.S. Marine Corp Colonel Andy Starr’s one-of-a-kind, special-car order dealer demo 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport painted by Mike Velek’s Auto Specialties and Restorations with Axalta’s Spies Hecker®Samoan Bronze basecoat.
- Bill and Linnea Currie’s 1932 Ford Roadster built by Dave Lane’s Fast Lane Rod Shop and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, Fast Lane Red basecoat and clearcoat.
- Terry and Sara Rose’s 1968 Chevrolet C-10 pickup truck built by Tim and Carrie Strange of Strange Motion and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, Blue and Charcoal basecoat and clearcoat.
- Fred and Jane Strukman’s 1936 Ford pickup truck built by Hot Rods by JSK and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier Dessert Tan basecoat (exterior), Maroon basecoat (engine bay) and Mastertint®custom-mixed Bright Red vinyl coating system (interior).
- Bob Garwood’s 1965 Buick Riviera Gran Sport built by Mike Goldman Customs and painted with Axalta’s Cromax ChromaPremier primer, SpectraMaster® Yellow basecoat and clearcoat.
Axalta will also feature its 2016 Paint Outside the Can Contest . The contest is an invitation to automotive painters from across the United States and Canada to unleash their creativity using any Axalta-branded coating system to paint and decorate an unused, standard one-gallon paint can.
Submissions will be recognized and displayed via select social media channels throughout the contest. After the contest closes on September 15, 2016, six “Celebrity Picks” will be selected by industry celebrities who will vote for their favorites based on creativity, execution and degree of difficulty. In addition, six “Fan Favorites” will be chosen by fans based on the number of photo “likes” that these favorites received on Axalta’s Instagram page. Finally, one “Best-in-Show” grand prizewinner will be selected from the six “Celebrity Picks.”