Program highlights include:
- Daily automotive design duels at the Axalta booth with a grand finale at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1 at MEET in Las Vegas.
- Autograph session with TJ Ott, captain of the Hot Tuna boat on National Geographic Channel’s Wicked Tuna. Tuesday, October 31 at 2:00 p.m. and on Wednesday, November 1 at 11:00 a.m.
- Meet and greet the stars of History Channel’s Detroit Steel at 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1.
- A discussion about the iconic Tucker Corporation’s legacy with members of the Tucker family and a look at the first ever Tucker Torpedo on November 2 at 11:30 a.m.
- A special appearance by Dale Earnhardt Jr. with a look back on his racing career on Thursday, November 2, at 1:00 p.m.
Axalta’s program begins at 10:00 a.m. on Tuesday, October 31 with the first of five Middlecott Sketchbattle: Automotive Design Duels. Each head-to-head drawing battle, energized by Detroit-inspired music, showcases the talent of automotive designers, students and artists. Jamie Little, NASCAR® pit reporter for Fox, and Brook Banham, cofounder of Middlecott Design will serve as emcees for the event. Duels continue at 12:00 p.m. and 3:00 p.m. on October 31 and at 9:30 a.m. and 12:30 p.m. on November 1. In-booth duels lead up to the Axalta-sponsored Middlecott Sketchbattle Experience at 8:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1 at MEET Las Vegas, 233 S 4th Street, Las Vegas, Nevada 89101. You may purchase tickets with a donation online or at the door. Proceeds benefit DRIVE ONE TechCenter, a Detroit based nonprofit which instills at-risk youth with valuable trade skills that are required in today's automotive workforce.
On Tuesday, October 31 at 2:00 p.m. and on Wednesday, November 1 at 11:00 a.m., TJ Ott, captain of the Hot Tuna boat on National Geographic Channel’s Wicked Tuna, will meet fans and sign autographs. At 2:00 p.m. on Wednesday, November 1, the Mobsteel crew, and cast of History Channel’s Detroit Steel will chat about recent projects and hot design/build trends. Axalta welcomes Rob Ida of Ida Automotive and Mike and Sean Tucker on Thursday, November 2 at 11:30 a.m., to discuss the Tucker Corporation’s legacy in the automobile industry and the first-ever Tucker Torpedo, which Ida is currently building. Throughout the SEMA Show, guests can observe pinstriping demonstrations by Axalta’s longtime partners and artists, Dewayne Connot and Paul Quinn.
Axalta’s program culminates with a special appearance by Dale Earnhardt Jr., driver of the No. 88 Axalta Chevrolet SS for Hendrick Motorsports, on Thursday, November 2, at 1:00 p.m. Earnhardt, voted by fans as NASCAR’s most popular driver for 14 consecutive years, will share his thoughts on his storied career and upcoming final start as a full-time Cup Series driver on November 19 in Miami.
For more information about Axalta’s schedule of events for the 2017 SEMA Show, please visit www.axalta.us/sema2017.