“As the first medical application for our renowned coatings, we’re thrilled to be partnering with ActivArmor to bring extreme durability, coupled with extraordinary resistance to liquid, to their casts and braces. The addition of LINE-X brings an already groundbreaking 3D printed medical device to the next level,” said Dennis Weese, president of LINE-X. “Recovering patients using ActivArmor are already experiencing a new era in individualized medical technology and treatment. Those patients will now have the benefit of a durable LINE-X coating that adds to the structural integrity and water resistance of the splint. Many patients can return to their daily routines, like showering and swimming, with no problem.”
“During the ongoing product improvement process, we tested several different ways to reinforce and protect our 3D printed orthoses and determined that LINE-X’s biocompatible coating would bring the safest, most protective benefits and hygienic features to our casts,” added Diana Hall, president and founder of ActivArmor. “We share the same vision in using creatively innovative technology to protect and improve the quality of life for our customers, and we look forward to collaborating on even more custom exoskeletal solutions.”
AcitvArmor’s custom-made, 3D printed exoskeletons are waterproof, hygienic and breathable to provide superior immobilization while still giving active individuals the ability to work and train during the recovery process.
- Resistant to sweat, water, moisture;
- LINE-X coating allows users to bathe and shower while wearing ActivArmor;
- LINE-X passed ISO biocompatibility testing for safety and comfort;
- ActivArmor patients have reduced office visits and costs related to soggy casts or deformed/damaged splints
- LINE-X increases strength, structural integrity and lifespan of ActivArmor products;
- Line-X coated ActivArmor devices are being prescribed by physicians across the country for acute injuries like breaks and sprains, and for chronic conditions like Carpal Tunnel Syndrome;
- ActivArmor devices are currently being used by several amateur and professional athletes, as well as performance athletes with active lifestyles
College football offensive lineman Zach Bailey was recently fitted for an ActivArmor cast fortified in LINE-X after breaking his leg during a game.