Formulations enhanced with Fluon PTFE micro powders improve the surface wear characteristics of products like thermoplastics, elastomers, oils, greases, inks, metal decorating coatings, cookware coatings, and industrial finishes.
The molecular weight and particle size of Fluon PTFE micro powders vary based on feedstock to yield optimal application-specific improvements for wear, friction and pressure-velocity. All Fluon lubricant powders are manufactured from virgin rather than reprocessed PTFE feedstock sources to ensure consistently high performance and quality.
Grades of Fluon PTFE micro powders include:
- FL1650 with high thermal stability for use in thermoplastics;
- FL1680 with the lowest surface area and porosity, used in printing inks and industrial finishes;
- FL1690 for use as a general-purpose lubricant in thermoplastics and elastomers;
- FL1700 for use as an additive to inks for can coatings, as it is FDA approved for contact with food and drink. It is also used as an extreme pressure additive in oil, grease and elastomer applications;
- FL1710 for use with low-viscosity lubricating oils and industrial finishes;
- TL368 for compounding in rubber and plastics and suitable for use in food contact applications.