The more robust and sustainable package is a blow-molded HDPE container and will offer customers several advantages such as:
- Easy removal of a tri-tab foil induction seal equipped with a screw-top lid that also allows for ease of opening;
- An induction seal below the lid which will prevent leaks and ensure product integrity;
- Natural HDPE which is translucent allowing for visual confirmation of product color and container volume;
- Yield retention (clingage loss) of colorant within the package is lower than the sealed metal quarts;
- Contains 25% PCR (post-consumer recycled) material as required by the state of California.
Chromaflo has conducted robust testing to ensure the reliability of this new package, including individual container and case tests. The individual container tests include compression, drop, retention/yield, atmospheric pressure and shaker testing. Case tests include ISTA 3A small parcel test (overpack ship test), ISTA 2A Drop Test - Heavy product, 32", ISTA 3E (vibration, compression, shock) and compression testing.