“Elementis is committed to staying abreast of the ever-changing needs of our paint and coatings customers by harnessing the knowledge and experience of our research, product development, engineering and technical experts around the world. We are addressing the growing interest in and adoption of environmentally-responsible products and formulations in the China paint and coatings industry. End users in China are seeking to comply with government regulations to reduce volatile organic compounds (VOCs), use more waterborne systems, high solid/low viscosity paints, powder coatings and ultraviolet (UV) coatings,” explained Luc van Ravenstein, vice president for Elementis’ Global Coatings business segment.
Featured Products and Expertise in the Elementis Booth
Elementis chemists and product formulation experts also will be available for briefings and discussions with product procurement representatives, end users and media.
Elementis will feature these new products at CHINACOAT 2018:
• NUOSPERSE FX 7500W solvent free type of new polymeric dispersant for waterborne industrial coatings. This dispersant contains multiple anchoring groups and multiple solvation chains connected to the backbone of the dispersant which can deliver these advantages such as high dispersion efficiency, long-term stabilization, prevents pigment flocculation, wetting effect etc， This dispersant can be used for various pigments including carbon black and organic pigments which are not easy to disperse.
• NUOSPERSE FX 7500W
• THIXATROL AS 8053/PM 8056 low temperature activation organic thixotropes for protective and marine coatings. These products deliver thicker coatings without sagging and without needing as much organic thixotrope. Other benefits include increased manufacturing throughput and energy savings, improved storage stability, and improved batch-to-batch consistency. Moreover the products are predominantly based on renewable raw materials.
• THIXATROL AS 8053/PM 8056
• RHEOLATE 185 hydrophobically-modified alkali swellable emulsion (HASE). This product is a liquid acrylic rheology modifier formulated to replace cellulosic thickeners in dilutable high PVC coatings. ˙Benefits include the same in-can appearance and dilutability, reduction of production cycle time, and a more uniform appearance with less spattering and increased hiding.
• RHEOLATE 185.
Additional Elementis products presented at CHINACOAT 2018 include:
• BENTONE clays and organoclay thickeners for waterborne and solventborne systems
• DAPRO defoamers for waterborne systems
• RHEOLATE thickeners for aqueous applications for waterborne systems
• THIXATROL rheology control agents for waterborne systems