YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1923
Subir Bose, managing director, executive director; Kuldip Singh Dhingra, chairman of the board; Anirudha Sen, vice president
Berger Paints was founded in 1923 and is India’s second largest decorative paints player. It is active in a wide variety of decorative and industrial paint sectors and continues to gain an increasing share of the highly competitive Indian paint market. Apart from operations in Russia, with a production facility at the Berger manufacturing unit at Krasnodar, Berger has also expanded its footprint in Nepal by setting up a second unit. Today Berger’s sister company in Bangladesh is the dominant leader with over 65% market share. In keeping with the company’s dynamic growth plan, Berger has also acquired Bolix SA of Poland, a leading provider of External Insulation Finishing Systems (EIFS) in Eastern Europe. Berger is also the lone supplier to India’s nuclear power plants.