For many years, the AGC resins laboratory has tested the weatherability of coating systems formulated with LUMIFLON fluoropolymer resins. Now the lab has the technology and services required to test fluoropolymer-based powder coating systems, which are growing in popularity due to their long life and environmental advantages. New services include cross section coating morphology testing using SEM/DMX coupled with microtome. New equipment includes:
- MP24PC Integra extruder from Baker Perkins (a fully integrated process system)
- Ultra Centrifugal Mill Type ZM 200 from Retch (used for the reduction of soft to medium-hard and fibrous materials)
- Vibratory Sieve Shaker AS 200 from Retch (used for dry sieving)
- Encore LT Manual Powder Spray Systems (manual powder coating system)
- A fourth QUV-A weathering tester from Q Lab (used to test weatherability of coatings)
The LUMIFLON resins testing lab also has all the equipment required to mix and grind pigments and apply traditional coatings to a variety of substrates to test physical properties such as impact resistance, tensile, gloss, viscosity, pencil hardness and color. Lab technicians can also conduct accelerated corrosion tests and outdoor testing for real world weathering exposure.