When it comes to picking a paint color for your home, the Glidden brand lowers the stakes – after all, it’s just paint. Deep Onyx is easier to use than one may think as it encourages a “less is more” approach to décor color, according to PPG experts.
“Using a black paint color like Deep Onyx on your walls or in your decor may feel intimidating at first, but it’s actually one of the easiest colors to use to create the low-key, easygoing style that’s trending for 2018,” said Misty Yeomans, PPG color marketing manager, Glidden paints. “Black can be overlooked as a neutral color, but it works well on an accent wall or as an alternative to white paint on doors, trim and cabinets. The sense of ease and authenticity it brings to a home can’t be denied. Just like a little black dress, Deep Onyx is a classic, timeless staple.”
Yeomans suggested the following tips to help make Deep Onyx your go-to color of 2018:
· Not quite sure if Deep Onyx is for you? Take a photo in your home and test the color without lifting a brush, using the Glidden paints virtual room painter tool, available at glidden.com. Because choosing the right color is half the battle, being able to see the color on your walls basically means you’re halfway done with your project.
· If a black wall is too over-the-top for you, you can try Deep Onyx as an accent color on trim and doors.
· Basic isn’t a bad thing when it comes to home décor. Try Deep Onyx with the basics: primary reds and blues, white, and earthy browns and greens. Yeomans suggested Glidden brand colors America’s Cup Navy, Dapper Tan and Khaki Green, adding that, “They’re classics for a reason.”
· The natural look is in: pair Deep Onyx with yellows and browns like Vintage Yellow and Rowhouse Brown.
· Keep it fresh: pair a white such as Crystal Clear White with Black Onyx. If you’re super modern, you’ll love Black Onyx paired with matte finishes or light-grain wood finishes.
· Does your home need a pick-me-up? To add energy, try Black Onyx with touches of pink tones such as Coral Beach or Subtle Peach.
“Through the process of selecting a color of the year, Glidden paints provides premium color expertise without premium nonsense,” Yeomans said. “Backed by PPG’s global color expertise, the Glidden paints color Deep Onyx was forecasted and verified based on trends we are seeing around the world and in a variety of industries.
“Our goal is to make it easy to love the colors in your home, so we do the color homework for you.”
The Glidden brand has more good news: high-quality paint isn’t a trend – it is what we do. In fact, some Glidden products perform as well or better than more expensive products, according to independent tests, so you can use and love Deep Onyx on your walls for premium results without the premium price.