Relca HY-288 is a water-based, solvent-free hydrophobic hybrid, free of Alkylphenol Ethoxylates (APEO) and self-crosslinking that provides excellent stain resistance in 1K coating systems in clear and pigmented systems. This binder gives excellent resistance to stains such as hot coffee, red wine and mustard. It ensures forming clear, hard and glossy films while offering a good adhesion to a wide range of surfaces.
Raymond Bakker, Global Business Director Stahl Polymers: “Professionals from all industries are looking for the latest innovations, also in the interior design industry. Our new stain-blocking solution Relca HY-288 offers important benefits for furniture and interior joinery coatings that require a perfect balance of properties. We have tested the performance of Relca HY-288 elaborately. If we look for example at the drying speed, compared to market references, Relca HY-288 dries 25% faster. A huge win in production time. We are very glad that we can achieve excellent results for our clients by using simple, efficient and less costly formulations.”
Key benefits Relca HY-288
Using the water-based hybrid resin for superior stain resistance, the key benefits are:
- Forms clear, hard and glossy films
- Low water absorption and low water vapor permeability
- Excellent overall stain resistance
- Excellent hot coffee and wine stain resistance in white pigmented coatings (>48 hours)
- Good adhesion to a wide range of surfaces
- High chemical and scratch resistance
- It can be used in high gloss and matt formulations.
Visit Stahl at ECS
Interested to find out more about Relca HY-288 and other solutions that Stahl has to offer? Visit Hall 7, stand 458.