How does it work?
The advanced augmented reality technology in the Visualizer uses computer vision to detect edges, surfaces and contour changes, allowing consumers to select the area of an image that should be virtually painted. The application is able to tell the difference between wall space, furniture and fixtures and instantly paint around them in real-time. It will do this, not only when your device is stationary, but as you move the smartphone or tablet about the room
Launched in 2014, however this year it has been upgraded the app with additional features:
1. Extend usage of the App to exterior paint (introduction of still photo visualization into the App).
2. Launch Photo Visualization alongside the live AR experience to additionally visualize exterior walls (no heavy bricks and wood). Consumers will now have the ability to visualize interior surfaces (via AR or photo visualization) or exterior surfaces (via photo visualization).
3. Improved colour accuracy for visualization of lighter colors on darker surfaces (e.g. light blue on a dark red wall)
4. For those markets with E-commerce: order of testers directly via the Visualizer
5. Capture customer data via Scrapbook registration (or newsletter).
For more information on how the application works please click on the below link: