PUBLIC COMPANY; YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1883
REVENUE: $15.4 billion s (2017: $14.8 billion)
Aerospace; Architectural coatings - Americas and Asia Pacific; Architectural coatings - Europe, Middle East and Africa; Automotive OEM coatings; Automotive Refinish; Industrial coatings, Packaging coatings; Protective and Marine coatings; Specialty coatings and materials
*Operating Committee Michael H. McGarry*, chairman and CEO; Anne M. Foulkes*, senior VP and general counsel; Vincent J. Morales*, senior VP and CFO; Juanjo Ardid, VP, Protective and Marine Coatings, United States and Canada; David S. Bem*, VP, Science and Technology and chief technology officer; Gregory B. Benckart, VP, Automotive Refinish, Americas; Karl H. Bergström, VP, PPG Architectural Coatings, Latin America and President, PPG Comex; Kevin D. Braun, VP, Industrial Coatings, Americas; Donna J. Broome, VP, Architectural Coatings, Trade, United States and Canada; Mark Cancilla, VP, Environment, Health and Safety; Christopher R. Caruso, VP, Information Technology; David J. Cole, VP, Architectural Coatings, United States and Canada (retiring July 31, 2019) to be succeeded by Jaime Irick, VP, Architectural Coatings, United States and Canada; Gary R. Danowski*, VP, Global Automotive Refinish; Jeffrey C. Davies, VP, Corporate Development; Amy R. Ericson*, senior VP Packaging Coatings and Specialty Materials; Chancey E. Hagerty*, VP, Global Industrial Coatings; Bryan N. Iams, VP, Corporate and Government Affairs; Anup Jain, VP, Specialty Coatings and Materials; John A. Jankowski, VP and Treasurer; Roald Johannsen, VP, Automotive OEM Coatings, Europe, Middle East and Africa; Diane M. Kappas, VP, Automotive OEM Coatings, Americas; Timothy M. Knavish*, senior VP, Architectural Coatings and president, PPG Europe, Middle East and Africa; Daniel G. Korte*, global VP, Aerospace; Raj Lall, VP, Strategic Manufacturing, Industrial Coatings; Rebecca B. Liebert*, senior VP Automotive Coatings; Adriana Macouzet, VP, PPG Latin America and GM, Protective and Marine Coatings, Latin America; Kumar Nandan, VP, Tax; Vincent Robin, president, PPG Asia/Pacific and vice president, Automotive Coatings, Asia/Pacific; Devashish Saxena, VP and chief digital officer; William E. Schaupp, VP and controller; Hervé Tiberghien*, VP, Human Resources; Ram Vadlamannati*, senior VP, Protective and Marine Coatings; Jane N. Valenta, VP, Global Technical Architectural Coatings; Max Wetzel, VP, Business Transformation and Consumer Brands, Architectural Coatings, United States and Canada; Pauline Yuen, VP, Refinish Coatings, Asia/Pacific; Jérôme Zamblera, VP, Automotive Refinish, Europe, Middle East and Africa.
PPG is recognized and respected around the world as a leading paint, coatings and specialty materials manufacturer, providing technologically advanced solutions. PPG helps customers in industrial, transportation, consumer products, and construction markets and aftermarkets to enhance more surfaces.
PPG reported net sales of $15.4 billion in 2018. In 2018, Industrial Coatings comprised 41 percent of net sales, with Performance Coatings comprising 59 percent of net sales.
PPG’s Performance Coatings and Industrial Coatings reportable segments supply coatings and specialty materials for customers in a wide array of end-use markets, including industrial equipment and components, packaging material; aircraft and marine equipment; automotive original equipment; as well as for other industrial and consumer products. In addition to supplying coatings to the automotive OEM market, PPG supplies refinishes to the automotive aftermarket. PPG also serves commercial and residential new build and maintenance markets by supplying coatings to painting and maintenance contractors and directly to consumers for decoration and maintenance.
PPG operates in more than 70 countries worldwide. Its key global technical facilities include:
• Allison Park, Penn., USA: Global Coatings Innovation Center;
• Oak Creek, Wisc., USA: Industrial Customer Application Lab;
• Milford, Ohio, USA: Packaging Research;
• Burbank, Calif., USA: Aerospace Research;
• Mexico City, Mexico: Comex Research;
• Sumare, Brazil: Customer Application Lab;
• Marly, France; Ingersheim, Germany; Quattordio, Italy Automotive OEM Research Centers
• Amsterdam, the Netherlands: Architectural/Protective and Marine Coatings Research Center;
• Milan, Italy: Automotive Refinish Research;
• Busan, South Korea: Customer Application Lab;
• Tianjin, China: Global Competitive Sourcing Lab and Customer Application Lab;
• Clayton, Australia: Customer Application Lab
Key Happenings in 2018
• Jan. 2018: Acquired ProCoatings, a leading architectural paint and coatings wholesaler located in The Netherlands;
• Jan. 2018: Acquired Paintzen, a technology platform that facilitates residential painting transactions;
• Oct. 2018: Acquired Hodij Coatings, a leading distributor of well-known professional paint brands based in
• Dec. 2018: Completed the acquisition of SEM, a U.S.-based manufacturer of specialized automotive refinish products;
• March 2019: Completed the acquisition of Whitford Worldwide Company, a global manufacturer that specializes in low-friction and nonstick coatings for industrial applications and consumer products;
• April 2019: Completed the acquisition of Hemmelrath, an automotive coatings manufacturer