PUBLIC COMPANY; YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1994
REVENUE: $10.16 billion t (2018: $10.36 billion)
Decorative paints; Marine and protective coatings; Auto and specialty coatings; Industrial and powder coatings
Thierry Vanlancker, CEO, chairman of Board of Management and Executive Committee; Maarten de Vries, CFO and member of the Board of Management and Executive Committee.
AkzoNobel reported paint and coatings sales of $10.16 billion for 2019. The company has approximately 33,800 employees and more than 200 manufacturing facilities and is active in more than 150 countries. Its portfolio of brands included Dulux, International, Sikkens and Interpon.
• AkzoNobel has announced its intention to acquire French aerospace coatings manufacturer Mapaero. The intended acquisition will strengthen AkzoNobel’s global position in aerospace coatings, notably in the structural and cabin coating sub-segments, and contribute directly towards delivering the company’s 2020 guidance.
• AkzoNobel completed acquisition of Mauvilac and strengthens its position in Sub Saharan Africa. AkzoNobel has completed the acquisition of 100 percent of the shares of Mauvilac Industries Limited, a leading paints and coatings company in Mauritius.
• AkzoNobel acquired full ownership of powder coatings joint venture in Turkey
Akzo Nobel N.V. has completed the acquisition of the remaining 25 percent stake in Akzo Nobel Boya Sanayi ve Ticaret A.S.,
a leading powder coatings joint venture in Turkey.
Most Recently Launched Products
List of most recently launched new products:
• AkzoNobel and BYK-Gardner digitize surface texture for powder coatings
The spectro2profiler represents a major step forward for the industry because currently, the only way to check the quality of a textured powder coating surface is to carry out a visual inspection.
• Ultimate rust-busting metal paint launched
A new wave of exterior water-based paint has been launched by AkzoNobel which offers superior metal protection. Hammerite Ultima can be applied directly onto any metal surface – as well as rust – without the need for a primer. Suitable for anything from gates and fences to railings and garden furniture, the new product is now available in Germany, Spain and France and is scheduled to be launched onto other markets.
• Dulux Ambiance range launched in India
Dulux has introduced six special effects paints onto the Indian market. Part of the Ambiance range, the new Marble, Metallic, Linen, Silk, ColourMotion and Desert paints enable consumers to create entirely new designs and patterns. In addition, Dulux has also launched Dulux Ambiance Velvet Touch Elastoglo. Powered by elastomeric properties, the product provides a three-fold increase in the elasticity of the paint film.
• Yacht market primed for revolutionary spray filler
Superyacht builders and applicators can now benefit from spray filler technology. Part of its Awlgrip range, Awlfair SF is a high-performance filler which can be applied by pressurized airless spray, rather than by hand. The innovation not only allows for wet-on-wet application, it also means up to two coats per day can be applied, without the need for sanding in-between.
• New dawn rises with 2020 Color of the Year
AkzoNobel’s Color of the Year for 2020 is Tranquil Dawn, which also features in all four ColourFutures 2020 color palettes. They’re designed to empower and inspire customers and make the task of choosing color easier.
• Recycled paint launched to help close loop on waste
AkzoNobel has become the first major manufacturer to launch recycled paint, thanks to a ground-breaking partnership in the UK with resource management experts Veolia. The Evolve matt white emulsion contains 35 percent recycled paint and has been re-engineered and tested to meet the same high standards expected from Dulux Trade.
• Single-stage topcoat makes life a breeze for yacht owners
Yacht care and maintenance just got easier following the launch of Awlgrip HDT (High Definition Technology), a new single-stage repairable topcoat from AkzoNobel. Creating a new standard in topcoat appearance and durability, Awlgrip HDT is a high performance, mirror-like coating which allows owners to protect their boat with a stunning, long-lasting finish, without sacrificing convenience.
• Gaining color confidence from four new digital color tools
AkzoNobel recently introduced four new digital tools to make precise color-matching easier for its customers. Three of them serve industrial customers and work with the Salcomix system, an on-site facility which enables paint to be mixed on demand with superior color accuracy. They include Salcomix PaintFinder Cloud; the high-end Automatchic Vision measuring device; and the ColorFinder, which works via a dedicated app. The fourth tool, the digital Color Sensor, helps professional painters who use decorative paints to match their clients’ color choices in seconds. The small portable device scans the color on any object and links to the Color Sensor app to provide an exact paint match.