PUBLIC COMPANY; YEAR ESTABLISHED: 1923
REVENUE: $1.147 billion s (2017 $1.08 billion)
Decorative coatings; Automotive coatings; Industrial coatings; Powder coatings
Abhijit Roy, managing director and CEO; Srijit Dasgupta, director – finance and CFO; Aniruddha Sen, SVP and company secretary; Tapan Dhar, SVP, R&D.
Berger Paints India Limited manufactures and markets a range of decorative and industrial paint products and has operations throughout India with seven manufacturing facilities, more than 135 depots, approximately 4,000 employees and more than 15,000 dealers. Architectural/decorative coatings comprise 86.2 percent of sales, general industrial and automotive comprise 5.6 percent, protective coatings comprise 6.8 percent and powder is 1.4 percent of sales.
Berger acquired 95.53 percent of paid-up equity share capital of STP Limited, a waterproofing and construction chemical company.
Brands by Segment
• Interior Wall Coatings: Silk/Silk Breathe Easy/Silk Glamor (Luxury), Easy Clean Fresh/Easy Clean (Premium), Rangoli (Regular);
• Bison (Economy);
• Exterior Wall Coatings : WeatherCoat Long-life/WeatherCoat All Guard (Luxury), WeatherCoat Antidust/WeatherCoat Smooth;
• WeatherCoat Champ (Premium), Walmasta (Economy), DuroCem (Economy);
• Metal & Wood: Luxol (Premium), Butterfly (Regular), Jadoo (Economy);
• Wood: Imperia (Premium), Wood keeper (Regular);
• Waterproofing: HomeShield;
• Hygiene: Breathe Easy+;
• Painting Support Services: Express Painting;
• GI: Caters to General industries, Ultra coat;
• Auto: Automotive business;
• Protective: Protective coatings business;
• Powder: General Industries: Ultra Coat, OEM: Ouali Coat,;
• Architecture & Auto: Duraberg, Perma Coat, Job Coaters: G Coat
2019 New Product Launches
• Silk Breathe Easy (Luxury Interior paint with anti-pollution & anti-bacterial ability, approved by Indian Medial Association);
• Luxol 7in1 (corrosion resistance PU Enamel);
• Industrial Anti-Microbial Powder coating
Launch of the color visualizer app for consumers for exploring colors, shades, textures, faux finishes, etc virtually and in 3D for both interior and exterior surface.