"Much like the sketches builders rely on to bring an architectural design to life, Blueprint S470-5 lays a foundation for consumers to make their unique vision a reality," said Erika Woelfel, vice president of color and creative services at Behr. "This universally appealing hue provides a steady stream of positivity and is poised to be an instant classic for years to come."
To celebrate the unveiling of Blueprint S470-5, Behr is giving 2,019 do-it-yourselfers and color-lovers nationwide a free gallon of the BEHR 2019 Color of the Year as a blueprint to reimagine their most meaningful spaces. Enter for a chance to win by Aug. 28 at Behr.com/2019Trends.
Blueprint S470-5 serves as a foundational hue for the annual BEHR 2019 Color Trends – a palette of 15 supporting colors forecasted to influence décor and design in the year ahead – which will be on grand display in New York City this week.
Blueprint Pops Up in SoHo, New York
Starting on Thursday, Aug. 23, New Yorkers will experience the 2019 Color of the Year and Color Trend palette in real life at a limited-time BEHR Pop-Up Color Shop. Attendees will explore inspiring showrooms featuring the trending paint colors and a sampling of the more than 100,000 décor items available from The Home Depot®. They will also be able to pick up free gallons or 8-oz. samples of Blueprint S470-5, while supplies last, and shop exclusive, Blueprint-inspired décor items created by makers with ties to New York City, including weaver Maryanne Moodie, painter Kristin Texeira, ceramicist Brooke T. Winfrey, and candle maker Johnathan Kroeger of Good Candle. Behr color experts will also be onsite to provide personalized color consultations for attendees who are interested in refreshing their own spaces.
"Blueprint makes it easy for homeowners and apartment dwellers across the country to reimagine their space. Our Pop-Up Color Shop oozes inspiration—whether it's how to use the 2019 Color Trends palette in a certain room, or through the work of talented makers," said Jodi Allen, chief marketing officer for Behr. "Shoppers will have the chance to connect with Behr color experts for project, décor and color advice, tailored to their own specific home and style."
The BEHR Pop-Up Color Shop will be located at 107 Grand Street in the SoHo neighborhood of New York City, and will be open to design- and color-lovers during the following windows:
- Thursday, Aug. 23 – 2 p.m. to 8 p.m.
- Friday, Aug. 24 and Saturday
- Aug. 25 – 10 a.m. to 8 p.m.
All contributions to the BEHR Pop-Up Color Shop will be donated to the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation. The Foundation honors the sacrifice of FDNY firefighter Stephen Siller who laid down his life to save others on September 11, 2001. Through the Smart Home Program, the Foundation has delivered, started construction, or is in the design stage of a total of 75 homes. To date, the Foundation has spent $50 million dollars to build smart homes that enable our most catastrophically injured service members to live more independent lives.
New Palettes for a New Year
On its own, Blueprint S470-5 makes an authentic, unassuming statement. But when paired with other colors, it can add depth and variety, or behave like a neutral to anchor bolder palettes.
Four accompanying 2019 Color Trends palettes allow DIYers to use Blueprint S470-5 as a starting place for their design plan, to personalize and transform spaces to match their own taste.
- COLOR BINGE: Embracing a full range of blue, teal and gray is a key style for 2019. Layer light and dark blues on walls, cabinets, furniture and décor for impactful results. This palette includes: Blueprint S470-5, Watery HDC-CT-26, Antigua M460-7, Dark Navy S530-7 and Blue Metal HDC-AC-25.
- INSPIRED CURATION: In 2019, jewel hues will be cast with an earthy richness. Lustrous mauve, dark green and warm gold will engage the senses and enhance the appeal of a room. This palette includes: Blueprint S470-5, Ecological S380-6, Amber Autumn S290-5, Raisin In The Sun N120-6 and Vine Leaf N400-7.
- DOWN TO EARTH: Gray will remain a key neutral, while warmer tones in taupe and terracotta will rise. Earthy blue and brown combinations will become more popular. This palette includes: Blueprint S470-5, Elephant Skin PPU18-16, Mars Red PPU2-11 and Kindling N200-6.
- SOFT FOCUS: Powder blue, blush peach and tinted lilac will emerge as new neutrals, creating relaxed and expansive spaces. Matte finishes emphasize softness, while metal accents add glamour. This palette includes: Blueprint S470-5, Cotton Grey HDC-NT-20, Standing Ovation N570-2 and Sand Dance S190-2.
Blueprint S470-5 and the BEHR 2019 Color Trends are available now, exclusively at The Home Depot stores nationwide. To learn more, visit Behr.com/2019Trends.