“Thermal management is a significant challenge for application engineers,” said DuPont Electronic Materials Industrial Segment Leader Itaru Matsuyama. “Performance requirements continue to increase and with that comes added heat. Temprion™ was specifically designed to meet these growing needs and reliably deliver performance that can be counted on for the lifetime of an application.”
Thermal management materials play a critical role in ensuring electronic devices and electrical assemblies run properly. If heat is not properly dissipated, it can result in catastrophic failure, including fire. The Temprion™ portfolio of products offer excellent thermal conductivity, lower thermal resistance, greater heat dissipation and improved thermal stability during continuous use.
The portfolio currently includes:
- DuPont Temprion electrically insulating films – offer thermal conductivity and thermal resistance that are nearly two times higher performing than next best alternative competitive product; ideal for power electronic, consumer devices, and lithium-ion batteries.
- DuPont Temprion thermal greases – dispensable and designed for thin bond-line applications such as in LEDs and CPUs.
- DuPont Temprion thermal gap fillers – dispensable and designed for thick or multiple bond-line applications such as in power modules and automotive applications.
- DuPont Temprion adhesive thermal tapes – offer low thermal resistance at low application pressure for bonding heatsinks or heat spreaders in applications such as computers and LED lighting.
- DuPont Kapton MT+ polyimide film – offers the highest thermal conductivity with the electrical and mechanical durability expected from the Kapton brand.
- DuPont Kapton RS polyimide film – electrically conductive polyimide film with a constant resistivity that can be used in a variety of flexible heater applications.