Axalta representatives selected winners that demonstrated superior use of color, finish quality, technical difficulty, design originality and artistic merit.
The 12 winners featured in Axalta’s 2018 Custom Finishes Calendar are:
- Cover and April: Gil LeBlanc, 1959 Chevrolet Corvette (Cromax);
- January: Brenda McDaniel, Heath Hoover, 1948 Chevy 3100 (Spies Hecker);
- February: Mike and Linda Jo Mitchell, Abe Zigan, 2016 Harley Davidson Road Glide (Spies Hecker);
- March: Bob Garwood, 1965 Buick Riviera (Cromax);
- May: Jeremy Miller, Grant Brown, 1955 Ford F100 (Spies Hecker);
- June: Greg Nuss, Matt Jasperson, Chuck Badour, 1937 Mack Jr (Imron);
- July: Wayne Hunter, 1970 Plymouth Superbee (Cromax);
- August: Dwayne Roberts, Jerron Settles, 2016 Dragster Sinister Series (Cromax);
- September: Gary Alexander, Kevin Zwgart, 1965 Chevrolet Nova (Cromax);
- October: Mike Moss, Rob Deming, Derek Morawski, 1966 Gerhardt Indy Car (Cromax);
- November: Wayne Davis,1955 Chrysler Imperial (Spies Hecker);
- December: Richard Broyles, 1941 Ford Roadster (Cromax)
Axalta selected Des Kleineibst, award winning automotive photographer to capture the winning vehicles. Kleineibst’s experience in lighting, studio and on-location photography combine to highlight the quality of workmanship and unique characteristics of each vehicle.