Among the featured products will be the POWERCRON ADVANTEDGE electrocoat (e-coat) system. Formulated with a catalyst that functions without tin or other heavy-metal compounds, this proprietary e-coat provides superior edge protection and helps auto manufacturers comply with global environmental regulations while reducing energy consumption and related carbon emissions.
Powercron AdvantEdge e-coat is designed to work with PPG’s proprietary DRAGONHIDE® ZRE zinc-rich primer as part of an integrated coatings system that protects high-end underbody parts such as engine cradles, control arms, tie rods and steering knuckles from corrosion.
PPG also will exhibit the following products:
- VERSABOND Pretreatment System – Developed in response to the increased use of aluminum in trucks and passenger vehicles, the Versabond pretreatment system uses PPG’s exclusive zinc-phosphate hypernucleation technology to provide environmental and performance benefits such as lower processing temperatures, excellent corrosion resistance and increased adhesion. The pretreatment system is equally effective on cold-rolled steel and galvanized steel substrates.
- Pretreatment and Engineered Products – Led by DURABULL® extreme-duty polyurea coatings, this product line contains Dragonhide ZRE zinc-rich primer with e-coat finish as well as Dragonhide heavy-duty polyurea coatings.
- IVC Interior and Exterior Coatings – Products include interior coatings for dashboards, door handles, gearshifts and climate-control panels; exterior coatings for paint-over-chrome-plating applications; and soft-feel, ultraviolet-cure (UV-cure), UV-hybrid and other specialty coatings.
- Conductive and Display Coatings – These spray-applied coatings, which are used for obstacle-detection systems, self-dimming mirrors, seat warmers, airbag weight-detection systems and related applications, protect components against electromagnetic interference (EMI), radio-frequency interference (RFI), electrostatic discharge (ESD) and lightning. Display coatings include anti-smudge (AS), anti-glare (AG), anti-reflective (AR) and anti-fingerprint (AFP) transparent coatings for touchscreen panels.
- Wheel Coatings – PPG’s integrated coating systems encompass a broad range of powder, liquid, e-coat, primer and pretreatment products for aluminum and steel wheels.
- Metal Conditioner 257 (AMC257) for Mixed-Metal Pretreatment Systems – This near-neutral pH pickle/descaler is ideal for use in mixed-metal pretreatment systems because it pre-conditions welds and heat-affected zones prior to phosphating without significantly affecting white metals, galvanized steel and aluminum surfaces.
- Hyper HD includes an extroverted blend of virtual and real-world enhanced color that mixes dazzling bright hues with the layered effects of tinted clears and tri-coats.
- IM Perfect is a more organic palette influenced by nature, with subdued hues such as foliage greens as well as copper and brass metal tones.
- Knight’s Watch is a stronghold-themed palette communicating strength and protection with dark, dramatic jewel tones and blackened metal shades.
- Lucid Dreams is a collection reflecting calmness, sensitivity and privacy through pastel tones with slightly more color exhibited such as metallic whites, mint greens, anodized gold/beige tones and sky blues.
Members of the media, VIP guests and automotive insiders can learn more about the full line of PPG coatings solutions for the automotive industry by visiting PPG’s hospitality suite in Room 420A on the third floor of Detroit’s Cobo Center, between noon and 8 p.m. on Jan. 13 and between 7 a.m. and 8 p.m. on Jan. 14.